Sunday, February 22, 2009

Warning: Very Graphic!!!



As none of you know, my friend Dan and I have been working on a graphic novel. We’ve been spending a lot of our time reading these beefed up comics, and have been inspired to create one of our own. I’m not at liberty to tell you what it’s about, but I can assure you it is something different.
Alan Moore is my biggest inspiration right now. I’ve been a huge fan of “Watchmen” for a long time as well as his other works like “V for Vendetta” and my favorite Batman story, “The Killing Joke”.
Frank Miller is another inspiration. His Batman stories, “The Return of the Dark Knight”, and “The Dark Knight Strikes Again” are incredible spins on Bats.

What Dan and I are trying to do is something that no one has read or seen before in the graphic novel genre, we have original ideas for characters, dialogue, art concepts and most importantly: plot. Plot is what drives story and the plot we have thus far is like driving a Bugatti Veyron (love the name).
It is a process, much more than I imagined, but I know we have it in us. I know this for one reason, and one reason alone: we are nerds. Wish us luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment