Sunday, February 15, 2009

I completely trust car salesmen

The car salesmen’s spirit animal must be the shark. They are both feared killers with big toothy smiles that can rip you and your bank account to shreds. They smell your money like blood in the water, spawning a psychotic feeding frenzy that either consumes you or leaves you fleeing for your life. Within their respective habitats, they are the apex predators whom have an insatiable appetite for the innocent. Needless to say, the other day I bought a new car and a pet shark.
I had my heart set on this:

But the dealer sold it right before I got there! I was kind of bummed out, but then they had my second choice, a Nissan Sentra 2005 se-r spec v:



I am stoked. It will help me get from A to B a lot faster my previous whip that I hooked my good buddy up with:


Other than that, it’s just been a long winter with minimal skating, which is rare for me. It has been good, some what cathartic, and has helped me reconnect with old friends from New Hampshire.

I used to think New Hampshire was the seventh circle of hell; however, it seems more like heaven to me now more than ever. Hindsight is 20/20, and looking back I’m glad I’m from Sandown, New Hampshire rather than some of the places I’ve called home or visited over the years. The air is clean, it’s heavily wooded, you can see the stars at night and the only criminals are my friends. It’s a great place and maybe one day I can get a log cabin off of Phillips pond with a mini ramp and a kill zone in the back yard.
D.

1 comment:

  1. I wouldnt buy a car from a dealeship with a name pronounced "lemon".
    Just sayin...
    Shakezula

    ReplyDelete